ArtSquat is a Scottish Charity which supports artists on low income develop and exhibit work in a range of local venues. We link up with galleries, cafes, community centres and businesses, who provide space for artists. We also work with charitable groups and established artists to put on exhibitions for community benefit.
Our vision is for communities where artistic enterprise is accessible to all and which celebrate a diversity of creative talent.
Our mission is to support artists on low income to sell, exhibit or develop art in a range of local venues and to facilitate art exhibitions for charitable and community benefit.
• To enable people on low income or who are unemployed access community space to develop, exhibit or sell art.
• To support charitable groups to access community space to promote artistic activity.
• To hire space for projects or exhibitions for community benefit.
Our first year 2018:
We are launching ArtSquat in Edinburgh, but aim to replicate it in other areas.
By the end of our first year of operating we will have:
1. Developed our networks of local galleries, businesses, space donors and artists in Edinburgh.
2. Linked up with charities who can refer artists for exhibition space.
3. Established our social media presence.
4. Held two launch events with the Coburgh Gallery in Leith on August 16 – 20 and October 19 – 21st and 27th and 28th (see Projects).
5. Recruited additional Trustees and volunteers.
6. Set out our operating plan, our budget and our application criteria.
7. Evaluated our first year and developed a strategy.